Comfort Keepers About Us
Little did Steve and Carol Nichols know that a quest for higher purpose would collide with their parents' need for quality care. After a successful career as an engineer in the manufacturing world, Steve Nichols began searching for an opportunity that would serve a higher purpose.
As he and his wife Carol began caring for their parents, they witnessed first hand the day-to-day struggles their parents encountered.
They watched as even simple tasks became challenging for their parents, yet their parents would inconvenience themselves in order to not be a burden to their families. It didn't take long to match this huge need with a desire to serve a higher purpose.
Both Steve and Carol felt that Comfort Keepers would be a compassionate and rewarding business where they would be directly affecting the lives of clients as w ell as their children and the community. So in July of 2008, Steve and Carol Nichols opened their first office in the Nashville Metro area.
Established in July of 2008, Comfort Keepers of Nashville and the surrounding communities is recognized as a leader in their industry. Expanding past the original territory, Comfort Keepers of Nashville now serves Sumner, Davidson, Williamson, Wilson, Maury and Rutherford Counties.
Steve, Carol, and the staff at Comfort Keepers continue to work hard providing an unmatched level of customer satisfaction for their clients. It’s not only how a company acts but how it reacts to situations that defines its character, and integrity is at the core of w hat w e do. The following are our guiding values that w e strive to uphold daily.
Our Guiding Values
- Integrity: to possess a moral character by doing what is right w hen nobody else is looking.
- Servanthood: to remember we are not here to be served but to serve.
- Commitment: to back up what you say with what you do even w hen it’s difficult.
- Communication: to seek to understand before asking to be understood.
- Collaboration: to strengthen the team by sidelining personal ego and focusing on the outcome rather than the praise.
- Consistency: to be trustworthy to your team, customers, caregivers and partners through dependable daily performance.
- Compassion: to never forget that loving each other is at the core of everything we do.
- Ingenuity: to ask the uncomfortable questions in order to push the envelope of possibility.
- Jovial: to not take ourselves so seriously that it diminishes the joy that lies in each moment.